Error: Something bad happened TypeError: e.get is not a function

Hi guys,

Just updated to the latest version today. I’ve noticed with a selection of random fonts, when I select ‘View Family’, FontBase crashes, yielding this error message…

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 3.35.38 pm

These are fonts that worked fine on all previous versions of FontBase. Activation/deactivation of the fonts works fine however.

Also, the Restart button does not restart either.

  • macOS Sonoma 14.1.2
  • FontBase 2.20.1

Cheers,
Andrew

Hello @designer-images, thank you for posting this :pray:
Yes, we did receive other reports of this error. It’s already fixed and should disappear with the next update we’ll be posting shortly.
Really sorry for the inconvenience and thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

1 Like

No worries mate thanks for that, I’ll look out for it.
Also, thanks for latest update with the sort feature. Love it :+1:

1 Like

Also happened to me right now after I update manually on Windows 11 latest build.

My Fontbase wasn’t able to auto-update since v 1.19.1, not sure it will update.