Inter font family not loading properly in Adobe XD

For some strange reason, Adobe XD is unable to load the Inter font family from Google properly. Here’s what it looks like in XD; Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

I’m using XD v47.0.0.22.9 with FontBase v2.16.9 on Windows 10 Pro (Build 19042.1466)

The font loads fine in Photoshop and Illustrator. Only XD is experiencing this issue.

1 Like

Hello @dannyfoo welcome to the forum, thank you for the message and sorry for taking so long to reply.
From your description it seems like the activation is working as intended (since PS and AI see the fonts). Unfortunately Adobe XD seems to have some issues like this in some cases. At this moment it looks like it is a limitation on their end.
Thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

Reason

@dannyfoo, you can use these fonts only if there are installed and active on Windows Fonts Directory. The fonts activate from FontBase will not be available on Adobe XD.
Adobe XD is different from other applications of the Adobe Suite, because it is a WindowsApps.

To fix it

From settings of FontBase change path of “Root Directory” at the root of c:\ . e.g.: c:\fontbase.
I don’t like this hack because when I need to reinstall my OS or upgrade my hardisk, if I forget this detail I lost all fonts.

@yuriy
This problem is knew to Adobe and they say like you “The problem seems of FontBase not XD”.
Can you make a effort please to found a solution for us, the users of FontBase.

Hey @InnovaWEB, thank you for the post, sorry for the delay and welcome to the forum:)
At the moment there seems to be nothing we can do about this code-wise I’m afraid.
However, with the fix you’ve described, sounds like it should be possible to:

• create a fonts folder somewhere else on your computer (not on c:);
  • set FontBase root folder to c:/fontbase as you’ve explained;
  • add your initial fonts folder into FontBase as a watched folder;
  • continue managing your actual font files in the folder you first created.
    Not a perfect solution, of course, since re-installing the OS would wipe out the downloaded Google font files for example (the ones you’ve used, if any).
    Hope this helps at least somewhat,
    Thank you again,
    Yuriy
    FontBase Dev Team