Repost from Feedback Forum
– Add a permanent System Fonts section (after Inactive, for example).
– Section should automatically identify all the system fonts from their original system folder and work with them from there. (Not import everything like the software does now)
– Auto-identify which ones are activated.
– Some fonts are indispensable system fonts that cannot/should not be deactivated. Those should be marked as active but blocked from tampering.
– The others should work as normal, being able to activate/deactivate at will.
– Any new fonts that will be installed using the OS will automatically appear in the System Fonts Folder.
– Fonts cannot be deleted from the software, in order to avoid system crashes.
I think the feature is most useful for people new to Font Managers who have all their fonts installed in their OS Font folder (especially Windows). This way, they can identify the fonts they installed, move them from there and organize them properly, while keeping the OS active fonts to a necessary minimum.