Detect installed font on windows

How to detect installed font on windows

Do I have to Uninstall all the font that I already installed and use font base to reinstall them?

Hello @Dfhjkmm, welcome to FontBase Forum :slightly_smiling_face:
Unfortunately FontBase cannot detect installed system fonts at the moment. You are correct, in order to be able to activate/deactivate them through FontBase you would first need to uninstall them from Windows and add them to FontBase.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

I am new to Fontbase and have a pressing question. I am using Windows 11 (10 has a similar issue I think). I wonder if you might be more explicit in how to get the system fonts into Fontbase or keep Fontbase from ignoring these fonts in the activation process or allow them to install by default? As it is now, installing Fontbase all the system fonts disappear in the applications because they are not activated in Fontbase.

System fonts are buried in a folder called C:\Windows\WinSxS. There are 15,767 subfolders on my machine, none are named “fonts” in that directory. How would one uninstall the system fonts; those that come with the OS and then add them to Fontbase as you recommend?

I understand that any third-party font installed can be done as you suggest. System fonts however are contained in one or more of those compiled directories under the WinSxs directory.

Thanks for your help and am looking forward to your reply. Until then I will have to hold off installing Fontbase again until I know how to keep and protect system fonts. Please let me know if you have any questions about my inquiry.

The system fonts should be located in the folder C:\Windows\Fonts, not C:\Windows\WinSxS.
You can uninstall fonts by using the control panel on Windows.