Font Activation Problem 2023

I saw similar issues from previous users but no solutions provided that helped me. Bare with me, I’m not very technically minded.

Basically I got a new Macbook, and migrated my system over this week. Everything seemed to work alright, minor hiccups here and there. FontBook had issues finding the fonts, but I reset it’s root directory and then all the fonts appeared as normal. Only catch is that it WILL NOT activate any fonts. I get the error seen in the image below every time. I had the root folder set as a DropBox location, but Ive tried putting it in my main directory Fonts folder as well with no change.

What I’ve tried:

1. Reinstalling FontBase - No Change.
  2. Duplicating root folder and re-connecting to the new location. It’s currently set to /Library/Fonts/FontBase. - No Change.
  3. I’ve checked and added FontBase to “Full Disk Access” in my Macbook settings - No Change.

Anybody have any tips for a layman like me?

I’m not sure what else to do, but if this isn’t going to work I’d like to get my money back on the annual subscription I just signed up for.

Hello @AndyGattis, thank you for such a detailed post and welcome to the forum:)
Just to double-check - after you’ve uninstalled FontBase, removed old app data, then re-installed it again font activation does not work even for the default Google fonts that come with the app?
Trying to figure out what the root cause might be,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team