Operating system: Windows 11
Operating system version: [add your Windows 11 version/build]
FontBase version: 2026.6.0
What actions caused the issue
-
Open FontBase and go to Organise.
-
Select a font family.
-
Click View to open the font family view.
-
At the top of the page, next to the font family heading, click the downward triangle to open the font style selector.
-
Select a different style, for example changing from Light to Regular.
FontBase initially changes correctly to the selected style. The name at the top changes to Regular and the font preview also displays the Regular style.
However, almost immediately afterwards, FontBase automatically changes the selection back to Light, which is the first style in the family list.
This happens across multiple font families and is not limited to one specific font.
The same behaviour also occurs in the other views available from the View menu, including Waterfall and Glyphs. If I select Regular, Bold, Medium, or another style, FontBase briefly displays the selected style and then automatically jumps back to the first style in the family.
I have not used the Override Family feature on these fonts, so the issue does not appear to be related to family overrides.
Expected behaviour
When I manually select a style such as Regular, Bold, Medium, etc., that style should remain selected until I manually choose another style.
Actual behaviour
FontBase briefly selects and displays the chosen style, but then automatically resets the selection to the first style in the family list.