Fontbase doesn't work with OneNote

I don’t know if this has always been the case, but when I tried to change the font in something I was writing in OneNote (via Microsoft 365), I couldn’t use any font that was only available in FontBase - with one exception.

If it had been installed in Windows via the typical Personalization > Fonts method, I could use the font. But anything else, including any and all Google fonts, would show up in the list of fonts to choose from, but if I chose it, OneNote would revert back to the original font.

Bizarrely, I can change the default font to something in FontBase that wasn’t installed in Windows: Apercu Pro. However, if I change text from the default to something else that is Windows installed, like Arial, I cannot change it back unless I click on “clear all formatting.”

I’m on Windows 11 Home, version 23H2, build 22635.3140. I’m using FontBase 2.18.1.

Any ideas?

Hello @gideunz, thank you for your post and welcome to the forum :pray:
From the behaviour you’ve described it doesn’t look like the reason is within FontBase itself, but rather somewhere in OneNote and perhaps its online syncing nature. Your FontBase version is not up to date, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with the issue at hand.
Sorry for not being able to provide any specific solutions given the situation :pensive:
Thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

Hello gideunz,

I may be stating the obvious but, in and effort to check all the boxes, have you confirmed that you can install fonts via “shortcut”. That is certainly necessary for apps like NexusFont but to be honest I do not know if it makes a difference with FontBase.

However, you can do this through the Control Panel by drilling down Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Fonts/Font settings, check the box for “Allow fonts to be installed using a shortcut”

A passing thought as I read your post!