Fontbase folder / fonts duplication

I’ve noticed that my “C:/” drive free space is getting low and after checking I found that fontbase has about 30 - 40 GB folder in the drive which created a duplication of my fonts folder knowing that the folder is in another partition, is it safe to delete the fontbase folder? or how to configure the program to not make a duplicate of my fonts and use the already existing ones

just this minute (for same reason), i notice i have a .fontbase and a …/FONTS folders in my FB folder which most but entirely duplicate each other.
what is .fontbase used for? and how do we fix/remove duplicates?

Hello @Shaf3y, thank you for the post, sorry for the delay and welcome to the forum:)
“Watched” folders is what you’re looking for. You can add a folder as a watched one if you click on the “Add” button at the bottom left of the main FontBase window, then select “Watched Folder” and then select the folder you’d like to add.
Please beware that this will link the original folder with the root folder and any changes you make to the folder in FontBase will be reflected in the original folder, including deleting fonts.
And yes, if you’ve added folders into FontBase as regular (not “watched”) ones, then deleting the copies in the root folder will have no effect on the original folder.
Hope this helps,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

Hello @dec, sorry for the delay and thank you for the post.
.fontbase folder is used for storing collection data, e.g. importing and exporting by defaut.
As for …/FONTS - this is not a default FontBase folder, so it’s probably something a user on your machine created at some point in the past, perhaps an accidental renamed copy of the .fontbase folder?
Hope this helps,