FontBase freezes when App Behavior slides are activated

MacBook Pro 2017
OS Ventura 13.6.3
FontBase 2.20.7

No matter which sliders I turn on, FontBase freezes and I have to uninstall and reinstall. I’m on Awesome, love the app except for this. The screenshot is how it installs and does not freeze up this way.

I want FontBase to launch on startup and there be only one activated icon is in the tray and not two, as it launches presently. What are the correct sliders to turn on? I have tried different combinations, the app still freezes and I can’t access it.

Thanks, Tim

Hello Tim, sorry for the delay, thank you for your post and welcome to the forum :pray:
We’re working on figuring this one out, as well as keeping an eye out for other reports of this behaviour (which would help us better understand how this is happening).
Has it been like this from the first moment you launched FontBase, or did this start occurring at one point in the past?
Thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

No worries on the delay. This started occurring at a point in the past once I found the sliders and started trying different scenarios with them. I have it set now with only Start on system start, but it leaves two icons in the tray. Would like only one icon in the tray and be able to double-click on it to turn more fonts on when needed.

Thank you for the quick reply and the additional information :pray:
So it appears not any toggling of the sliders freezes the app, but a certain combinations of them?
As for the two icons in the tray - has in always been like that or was there just one at some point?
Thank you again,

I had time tonight to play with the sliders to try and eliminate the two instances of FontBase in the tray. Now FontBase won’t even open! I turned on the “start hidden” slider thinking it would work. Now I can’t even access my fonts to turn them on and off!

Please help me access my fonts again!

Hello @adtypeanddesign, thank you for your reply :pray:
Could you please try following this guide Reset Settings — FontBase Tutorials and see if it helps?
Thank you again,
Yuriy