Macos: Can't activate fonts

My system

  • macos 26.7.
  • FontBase 2026.5.23

After updating to macos 26.7 I can’t activate any local fonts or remote fonts (e.g. Google).
I tried resetting folder/file permission in System Settings > Full Disk Access or via Terminal (chmod 777). Changes in Terminal get automatically reset.
Also, I tried a new installation of FontBase and deleting the settings folder in Library>Application Support.

There seem to be some security changes in macos 26.7 that won’t allow FontBase to activate fonts. There’s always the red alert box.

I did some digging in the forum and found a solution to my problem :

I had to use FontExplorer Pro 4-5 years ago for an old client who used ps fonts in his layouts. I used a different font folder to install and activate those fonts in FontExplorer.
After renaming FontFolderProtector to FontFolderProtector1 (Applications/Font Explorer X Pro/Contents/Helper) FontBase is working fine.

2 Likes