Missing Fonts on Mac, no FontBase settings folder

Hi

I had Fontbase on PC and it worked fine, but I have tried it on mac and it’s missing most of my fonts.

I have a folder which I have set as my Root Folder. It has over 5000 files and folders in, but when i search for one of them it can’t find it, though I can find the file in the stated folder.

I don’t know what I have done, but can it be fixed so I can used my fonts?

Mark

Hello @MarkWaudby, thank you for the post and welcome to the forum :pray:
That’s indeed odd behaviour, given the font folder is identical.
Would it be possible to try to remove the folder from FontBase, then re-add it?
If that’s not going to do the trick for some strange reason, then could you please try to reset FontBase settings using this guide Reset Settings — FontBase Tutorials and restart it again and add the font folder you’ve mentioned?
Thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team

Hi Yuriy

Thanks for the reply.

1. I tried removing and re-adding the folder but that doesn’t seem to have had any effect.
  2. I don’t seem to have that folder.

Hello @MarkWaudby, thank you for the quick reply :pray:
As for 2. - the folder is missing in both MacOS locations?
Thank you again,
Yuriy

Hi

Yes, I can’t find either folder.

Hello @MarkWaudby, thank you for the quick reply :pray:
Hmmm, that’s odd.
Would it be possible to uninstall the application and re-install it? These folders should be created when FontBase is installed.
Thank you again,
Yuriy

Hi

Tried re-installing but it has made no difference and the folders haven’t been created.

Stupid question but I am installing it properly? I quite everything. Dragged the FontBase icon for applications into the trash. Emptied the trash. Restart the mac. Downloaded the installer. Ran the installer. Dragged the icon into the applications folder. Ran the program.

It did remember all my settings. I didn’t have to log in again, so there must be some information stored on my computer somewhere.

Indeed:) As I’ve mentioned in the message above, resetting FontBase settings can be done by following this guide Reset Settings — FontBase Tutorials

I feel we are going around in circles now. :frowning:

Thank you for your reply @MarkWaudby :pray:
Just found this guide Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support and it looks like the uninstallation process was 100% correct

How so?
Were you already able to try to reset the setting and it had no effect?

My problem is I can not find the folders that are needed to be deleted to reset.

I just don’t understand why i can’t find them?

I see, sorry, must’ve been my confusion :pensive:
Are you the only user on your current computer?

No problem. Yes, just me.

Hello @MarkWaudby, sorry for the delay :pensive:
This situation is very odd indeed.
Would it be possible to run a search on your computer’s folders to find all folders titled “FontBase” to see where this folder is being created? The fact that FontBase settings are saved after uninstallation means it’s there somewhere, just in a different place for some reason I can’t quite understand yet.
Thank you again,
Yuriy

Thanks for trying anyway.

OK I have searched ‘FontBase’ and the following folders

1. username/Documents/FontBase which contains 43 items (Fonts and Font folders)
  2. username/FontBase which has an alias link to my Fonts folder
  3. username/Library/Fonts/FontBase which contains 13 font files
  4. username/Documents/Fonts/FontBase which contains 45 items (Fonts and Font folders)

Does this help!

Thank you for such a quick reply @MarkWaudby :pray:
Hmm, none of them look like the settings folder we’re looking for :sweat_smile:
If possible, could you please also try running a search on the following file: “file__0.indexeddb.leveldb”?
Thank you again,
Yuriy

Nope. Nothing. No items found.

Hi Yuriy

Just to let you know I have found a way of completely uninstalling the software deleting every occurrence of FontBase, and then re-installing. I now have all my fonts. Phew!

Thanks for your help and patience.