Some fonts missing in InDesign, but work everywhere else

There are a few fonts that are no longer appearing in InDesign, but still work in every other software I’ve tried (Photoshop, Illustrator, Word). Despite being activated in FontBase, they do not appear in the font list in InDesign.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign and FontBase. In case the fonts in question were corrupted, I tried installing a new font, but the same thing happens.

I dug a bit into potential solutions directly related to InDesign, like clearing my font cache, copying the fonts into InDesign’s own fonts folder, and even a quick and dirty suggestion of activating a random font in Adobe fonts to see if this shakes things back into place. The random font I activated here showed up, but none of the ones I’m having issues with. Nothing seems to work.

This is quite problematic as I can’t even seem to activate a font to replace the problematic ones with. Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try?

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
FontBase version 2.16.9

Someone on the Adobe forums was able to help. Seems to be an issue with InDesign 17.2, not FontBase. Reverting to an earlier version of InDesign (I went 2 versions back to 17.0.1) should solve the issue.

3 Likes