Can't Add New Watched Folder

Hello!

I am unable to add a new Watched Folder. When I click (+)Add > Watched Folder the “Select folders to watch” dialogue successfully appears, and it appears that I am able to choose the desired folder from my local drive. However, when I’ve selected my folder and the dialogue disappears, I get no feedback - no signs of loading. I am able to successfully add the folder as a normal folder.

I’ve tried this multiple times with multiple folders, each time getting this result. I’ve also tried reinstalling Fontbase and restarting my computer, similarly to no avail.

This seems to be similar to the issue experienced here, but there are no helpful replies: Can't add new folders or watched folders

Windows 10 Home version 21H2, on a Dell XPS 13 9360. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

I’ve been dealing with this one as well for some time now, so a fix would be much appreciated.

Hello @natespa and @jcd666, welcome to the forum and thank you for bringing this up, and sorry for the delay in replying.
This looks very similar to something we’ve investigated in the past.
Not to ask a gazillion questions potentially useless questions and wasting your guys’ time, would it be possible to check if the below advice worked for you first?

If it does not, we’ll do our best to figure out where the problem is and see what can be done about it.
Hope this helps.
Thank you again,
Yuriy
FontBase Dev Team